Enabling Environments exists to interrogate systems of oppression and put the responsibility back on to the organisations to change – not the individual.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced (10 years +) individual to work alongside our Founder & CEO, Sade, to co-design and lead this area of work.
Our plans are ambitious and right now – no one is offering this. It is not diversity and inclusion training. It is accountability frameworks and concrete action plans to move Anti-Racist statements of intent, into tangible actions and oppression free environments that enable everyone to thrive.
The type of person we are looking for will probably be quite busy right now, so we figured it makes sense to share a topline view of what we need, and invite expressions of interest. We will then invite six individuals to an interview mid August with the view they would start from September but we can be flexible. We will work with you to shape the job description and remit. This is a full time role.
- Acute understanding of systemic oppression, how it manifests in society, within the cultural and creative industries and organisational structures
- A compelling storyteller and educator who can hold space for uncomfortable conversations and shift minds and hearts – our vision is to make it impossible to not be aware
- Excellent facilitator with the ability to ‘hold’ a room through an emotional heavy process (with a particular expertise is facilitating Black and Brown spaces)
- An inquisitive mind and experiential learning approach e.g. you don’t learn or educate by sitting behind a desk
- A proven track record of delivering programmes and interventions that have successfully impacted representation and created inclusive environments
- Ideation and design thinking is your comfort zone – our work is bespoke and inclusive which means flexible and creative approaches is our key to success
- Sharp analysis skills and the ability to interpret data & communicate it – attention to detail and the ability to cut through to see the bigger picture
- Alignment with our core values: Grounded (Connected to Self), Radical Generosity (Connected to Others) and Activator of Ideas (creative change making)
If you are interested please fill out this expression of interest as soon as possible. There is no deadline, we will close applications when we find the right person so please submit sooner rather than later.
We would love to talk to you before you submit an application – we’re currently taking a company holiday and will be back in the office from the 27th July so please get in touch and let us know your availability.
Salary negotiable – Hours full time – Location Remote